It took me a while to figure out how I wanted to approach this topic; I’m happy I didn’t rush it.
Posts by admin:
- Second Inversion Grandmaster : work with second position m7 chords
- Third Inversion Grandmaster : work with first and second position maj7 and dim7 chords in a Jazz context
This completes the chords section of this site, which covers all the most common types of chords and provides a firm groundwork for further exploration. A student will pick up the more unusual and extended chords as needed in the context of songs they are learning.
- Chords Level 6: First Inversion Grandmaster requirments and information added
- Fingerstyle Level 9: Double Stops, Etc. added
This completes the Fingerstyle section of this site.
- 3-String Tech: http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l5-3-string-technique/
- Banjo Rolls: http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l6-pim-banjo-rolls/
- Ragtime Rolls: http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l7-ragtime-rolls/
- PIMA Patterns: http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l8-pima-patterns/
- Patterns added to http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l1-two-beat-ip-patterns/
- http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l2-3-and-4-beat-ip-patterns/ added (bumps up the former L2 section to L3)
- http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l3-circular-patterns-in-34-68/ now contains some different / more useful patterns (formerly L2)
- http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/fingerstyle/l4-extended-circular-patterns/ added
This major update completes the strumming section of this site by adding the following strumming areas of expertise:
If you have anything to add to any of these sections or the previously posted Rock and Pop section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a video or description of the strum. Thanks!
The first of the “Area of Expertise” strumming sections has been added for Rock & Pop styles. See http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/strumming/ae-rock-pop/
This completes the foundational strumming series. See http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/strumming/l6-special-fx/
This section has been a long time in the making and will be soon followed by ‘Areas of Expertise’ in strumming such as Reggae, Rock & Pop, Swing, Blues and more!
- There has been a major revision to the strumming section on triples and triplets. See: http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/strumming/l5-triple-strums/
- Due to the increased difficulty of this section, it has switched places with Accents and Staccatos to become the Level 5 strumming patch.
Please see http://powerup.ukuleleplay.com/strumming/key-strum-shorthand/ for a major new update to the strumming shorthand. Changes will facilitate a much cleaner / easier to read layout for complex strumming patterns. These updates were necessary for the forthcoming Funk, Blues, Rock and Swing pages on strumming.