Area of Expertise : Americana
American Folk music has a story similar to that of England; if there weren’t some pretty dedicated collectors in the past a lot of it would have been lost. The Americana category also covers the vast library of American patriotica, from The Star-Spangled Banner and Yankee Doodle Dandy to Yankee Doodle Boy and Born in the U.S.A.. Earn your AE Americana patch by demonstrating three arrangements of American Folk Songs or Patriotic Tunes. You may create your own tabs for these, or find tabs out there on the internet. Here are some resources you may find these resources useful:
- American Roots Music for Ukulele : Over 50 selections. Contains single line melodies and solo arrangements.
- 20 Old-Time American Tunes Arranged for Ukulele by Rob MacKillop. Well-reviewed collection.
- 20 Pieces From Briggs Banjo Instructor Arranged for Uke by Rob MacKillop.
- Fiddle Tunes for Ukulele by Lil’ Rev and John Nicholson. Well-reviewed collection.
- Folk Songs for Solo Ukulele by Joe Carr : Contains mostly American Folk Tunes
- Ken Middleton has many American Folk tabs on his site. Pretty much anything he’s labeled ‘Bluegrass’ as well as Ashokan Farewell, I’ll Fly Away & Old Joe Clark.
- PDF Minstrel offers a good number of American Folk Tunes.
- Akulele.com offers a couple of Americana Tabs (The Girl I Left Behind & Arkansas Traveler).