Area of Expertise : Classical Romantic
Mozart and Beethoven. Need I say more? Earn your AE Classical Romantic patch by demonstrating three pieces from the Classical and/or Romantic periods transcribed for the ukulele. You may create your own tabs for these (please email copies to be shared on this page to email@example.com), or find tabs out there on the internet. If in doubt about when a piece was written, look up the composer (should have lived somewhere between 1730-1910 A.D.). Besides Mozart and Beethoven you can find a list of famous composers from these periods here: Classical and Romantic. Here are a few resources for this genre:
- Classical Themes for Fingerstyle Ukulele: 15 Solo Arrangements in Standard Notation & Tab is a very nice collection with quite a few selections from the Romantic era as well.
- John King : The Classical Ukulele : The late John King is one of the most famous classical ukulele players, however there are only a few truly classical era pieces in this book.
- Easy Classical Ukulele Solos by Javier Marco has baroque, classical and romantic pieces.
- Al Wood has a page dedicated to Classical Ukulele Tabs which also contains a link to his ebook.
- There are also some Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin and Tchaikovsky classical/romantic tabs on the Akulele site.
- Classical Tabs for Ukulele by Michael Parmentier is a site with many Classical, Renaissance and Baroque pieces (look up the composer if in doubt). Many tabs are for low 4th string, so look for those labelled ‘high 4th’ or ‘reentrant.’ His arrangements are really well-done and are free.
- PDF Minstrel also has some tabs from this era, but you have to search a bit for them.