To earn your Desert Island patch demonstrate your ability to tune a ukulele to itself by:
- Randomly turning the ukulele’s tuners to ensure the ukulele is not in tune already.
- Tune the C-string to your best guess.
- Fret the 4th fret of the C-string and tune the E-string to this pitch.
- Fret the 3rd fret of the E-string and tune the G-string to this pitch.
- Fret the 2nd fret of the G-string and tune the A-string to this pitch.
- Play a few chords and make any adjustments you feel you need to make.
Alternately, you may start with the A-string and work your way down by reversing this process.