LOOKING UP CHORD SHAPES
- My favorite place to look up chord shapes is UkeBuddy.com
- It is also good to own a ukulele chord dictionary for quick reference.
Earn your Core Chords Level 5 patch by demonstrating any two of the following chord sequences in each of the 5 new keys (highlighted in bold): Db, Ab, Eb, Bb, F, C, G, D, A, E, B & F#.
- I–vi–IV–V7 (The 50’s Progression)
- I–V–vi–IV (The Pop-Punk Progression)
- I–V–vi–iii–IV–I–IV–V7 (Pachelbel Progression)
- I–vi–ii–V or I–vi–ii7–V7 (The Jazz Progression or subsititute for The 50s Progression)
THE EXTRA MILE
You’ve now worked with each of the 12 major chord families. Although demonstrating the use of these chords in the context of a song is not required to earn the patch, you may wish to consider learning one song in an unusual key, just for bragging rights, to add to your Set Lists.